Sunday, March 18, 2012

VIP--Is it for me?



Whenever I think of "VIP," I am reminded of the show, "My Super Sweet Sixteen" on MTV. That show used to really annoy me, because for the most part, the kids were completely spoiled brats who needed to hear the word, "no," more than they needed a new Mercedes!

Well, this year, when I started getting emails from Rhea Lana's for the Spring Sale, they mentioned a "VIP Consignor" option. When I saw the "VIP," I assumed it was for people who had sold items with them for many years or who volunteered a lot--they had to do something to earn it, surely.

However, as more details were revealed, I realized it was actually a service to help moms who were just too busy to sort, tag, and hang all their clothes and items for the sale themselves. As a working mom myself (who is considerably more swamped at work this time around than I was for the Fall event), I was more than a little interested. I figured consignors probably had to pay some sort of fee for the service, though, and I wanted to make every penny possible.

Finally, all the details were confirmed. Surprisingly, there weren't any huge fees and it was open to anyone who wanted to participate. Here are the details, straight from Lauren (the owner of the Jonesboro event)...

Consignors give us their clothing on hangers and in tubs (for toys and accessories) with their names on them and we pick them up at a mutually agreed upon time. We enter the items and label them and take them to the event for them. We price the items and they still have the option of whether or not the items will go half price at the end of the sale or if they want to donate items. They can still track their sales live and pick them up at the end of the event, with their check. Or we can return them in the days following the event. The consignor earns 50%, still gets to shop with consignors, and gets a check the day of consignor pick up!
It's a unique service only rhea Lana's of Jonesboro offers. We enjoy offering this to moms in NEA!

So my final verdict on this service is if you want to consign, but just don't think you have enough time, go for the VIP option! I did consider the fact that you make a slightly lower percentage on your items than if you do all the work yourself, but if you don't have time to do it yourself, you're going to make...well, nothing! :)

And please, before you think, "What do you mean I don't make as much? I bet I could do better in a yard sale if that's so," you need to read my first post about this sale. You will definitely make more than you would in a yard sale!

First of all, many more people will be seeing your items--try thousands! This means you aren't waiting around all day for that perfect person to come by and see a certain item (this always happened to me when I did yard sales--sometimes I would be tempted to mark things down just so they would sell, even though I knew someone who liked a certain theme, etc. would pay me more for it).

Second, the shoppers at Rhea Lana's are willing to pay more than yard sale prices for quality items. I remember getting offended when people would ask if I would take a quarter (or some similarly ridiculous offer) for really nice baby clothes. I would think, "Seriously?! That's a {insert name brand here} and it cost WAY more than that! Plus it looks brand new!" In some cases, it actually was brand new! If you are wondering about having someone else price your items, I say look at it this way--who else knows this sale better than the Rhea Lana's team?! They will make sure you get fair prices on your items, while also avoiding over- or under-pricing items that you may not be so sure about. Who better to trust than someone who has been with the sale for years and understands the supply and demand of certain items as well as recognizes the quality and value of yours?

For these reasons, I think the VIP option would definitely be worth it! VIP consigning is closed for this sale, but I wanted to let all the extremely busy moms know about this very valuable service. I think it has the potential to really help out those moms who would like to consign but just don't have the time!

Remember, the Spring Jonesboro Rhea Lana's sale is March 25th through the 27th at the ASU Convocation Center (there's another perk--a very easy to find location for all the people who will be browsing over your items).

Spring Sale Dates:

Early Worker's Pre-Sale


Saturday, March 24th12:00 PM to 10:00 PM

Worker's Pre-Sale


Saturday, March 24th2:00 PM to 10:00 PM

Consignor's Pre-Sale


No Strollers, Wagons, or Children please!Saturday, March 24th4:00 PM to 10:00 PM

Moms-to-Be Pre-Sale


No Strollers, Wagons, or Children please!Saturday, March 24th6:00 PM to 10:00 PM

Guest Pre-Sale


No Strollers, Wagons, or Children please!Saturday, March 24th8:00 PM to 10:00 PM

SALE DAYS


Sunday, March 25th12:00 PM to 9:00 PMMonday, March 26th9:00 AM to 6:00 PM

WORKER'S
HALF PRICE SALE


(Bring Pass!)Monday, March 26th6:00 PM to 10:00 PM

CONSIGNOR HALF PRICE SALE


(Bring Pass!)Monday, March 26th7:00 PM to 10:00 PM

GUEST HALF PRICE SALE


(Moms To Be May Also Attend!)Monday, March 26th8:00 PM to 10:00 PM

HALF PRICE SALE


(Many Items Half Price)Tuesday, March 27th9:00 AM to 4:00 PM

...For more information, please visit the Jonesboro Rhea Lana's Sale website, here, or join their Facebook page, here.

No comments:

Post a Comment