Saturday, January 28, 2012

Pink is no longer my favorite color

...Okay, so maybe it still is...but NOT in the realm of my eyes! :( I kept feeling like something was in my eye yesterday but figured it was allergies or something I couldn't see and would come out later. Last night I vaguely remember thinking my eye hurt as I was doing the "pregnant with a 2 year old in my bed" tossing and turning routine.

Fast forward to 5:30 a.m. Gotta get up to use the bathroom (I am pretty sure this baby girl is using my bladder as a lovely water bed) and I realize my eyes are stuck together. Well, mainly one eye, but the other one is blurry to look out of. When I finally cleared them enough and could focus in the mirror, I could tell my right eye was pretty irritated. Cue WebMD and Google search and I was pretty sure I had pinkeye in a few minutes' time. (Symptoms included feeling like something was in your eye, gookiness--my terminology, and redness.)

Even though my eye still isn't super pink or red looking, the corners are blood vessel-y (again, my terminology, lol) and it feels like I'm being stabbed in the eye with something the majority of the time.

Loveliness.

Well, the good news is I'm not at school so I'm not spreading it and I hope I didn't spread it any Friday. I was using hand sanitizer like crazy that day since I've been so sinus-y and had started to cough. Best part of the day was Josh let me get a nap after he showered and he watched Ez for a little more than an hour. I've been needing to rest for the sinus yuck anyway and it was so nice to not have to worry about anything and get to relax a bit.

In other news, we are pretty sure what we are going to name this little girl, but suddenly today I started having second thoughts and feeling torn about the first name. When I was pregnant with Ezra, I wanted to name a girl Evie, but it suddenly became very popular. I found a new name that I love, but today I had this, "do I really like it better than _______ and calling her Evie for short?" moment. I think the new name still wins. I just haven't had the time to devote to naming like I did with Ezra, plus there are so many more girl options (or at least it seems that way to me) that it can be overwhelming. Ah well, I'm sure the post announcing her name will be coming very soon!

Stay tuned,
Deidre ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment